James “Jim” Arenson, Shareholder Attorney
My grandparents taught me about providing personalized customer service when I worked at their produce business as a boy. I later used those skills to guide me in the automobile business and I continue to use those skills to serve my clients. Each time that I undertake a matter for a client, I understand that the matter is of the utmost importance and I focus my efforts on providing a level of service that I would desire myself. In short, I always strive to do my best for each client with the goal of satisfying the client’s needs in a manner that exceeds expectations.
My father was a career military non-commissioned officer. I was born in Waterloo, Iowa and lived in a number of other states. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to attend the Overseas School of Rome for all but one year of high school. I have had the opportunity to serve on numerous boards, including various bank boards, Cedar Rapids Opera Board, the State Board of Regents and The Berthel Fisher Company. I use my extensive business experience as a twenty-two year automobile dealer operator and franchise-holder of the Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo franchises as well as my other business experience to counsel my business clients. I graduated from the University of Iowa College of Law, receiving my Juris Doctorate in 1995 with distinction.
Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent™ 4.6 out of 5.
Areas of practice
Admitted to practice
- Illinois, 2021
- Nebraska, 2019
- Iowa, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts
- University of Iowa College of Law, Juris Doctorate, with distinction, 1995
- University of Maine, B.A. Political Science, 1972
- Linn County Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association; Iowa State Bar Referral Service
- American Bar Association
- Iowa Automobile Dealers Association
- National Association of Dealer Counsel (NADC)
- Nebraska State Bar Association
Progressive legal counsel for the way you work and live today. Contact Arenson Law Group, PC today.