Central City Business Lawyers
Whether you’re starting a new business venture or seeking to take your company to the next level, you need to stay abreast of the federal and state laws and regulations relevant to your industry and the broader economy. Though our base is in Cedar Rapids, rural Iowa is close to our heart at Arenson Law Group, PC. As Central City and Linn County grow, our attorneys are here to help small and large businesses alike manage the legal side of their operations. Contact our office at (319) 363-8199 for an initial consultation.
Why Choose Arenson Law Group, PC?
When you hire us to represent you, you’ll have 74 years of combined business law experience on your side. However, we’re not your average business law firm. Before life as an attorney, founding partner Jim Arenson operated car dealerships across Iowa for 22 years with a variety of brands and markets. We know what it takes to start a business from scratch and ensure its continued success. While the law is clear-cut, business strategy must leave room for adaptation. We’ll tap into both arenas of experience to focus on your long-term success rather than pursuing small and immediate legal victories.
As your business branches out from Central City, no doubt you’ll want to consider serving multiple states. You don’t have to worry about outgrowing a relationship with a “small-town” lawyer. Some of our team members have earned licenses in South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois, and we can synthesize each state’s law as it applies to your circumstances.
Our Practice Areas
Business law is just as diverse as the needs of businesses themselves. The Arenson Law Group, PC team supports our clients in the following areas:
- Professional clinics – If you’re a doctor, dentist, chiropractor, or other health professional new to Linn County, our team can help you start your clinic, enter into partnerships, deal with personnel, and draft contracts. By hiring a business lawyer, you can focus on establishing successful relationships with your patients.
- Business formation – You’ll need to make several important decisions when starting your business. From simple sole proprietorships to large S-corporations, we can help you design your company’s structure and register the proper documentation with state governments.
- Contract negotiation – No matter what the contract may be about, we’ll fight for the best possible terms for you.
- Dissolution and liquidation – Perhaps you’re retiring, or your venture was not as successful as you had hoped. Choosing to dissolve or liquidate your business is not an easy decision, and if you do decide to close up shop, the process can feel overwhelming. We’ll help you through it all and pursue the best possible resolution for you.
- Non-disclosure agreements – You may have heard of these agreements as “NDAs.” They can help protect your intellectual property. We can help you draft a solid agreement and enforce its terms.
- Mergers and acquisitions – You may decide to grow your business by merging with or acquiring other companies. Our team is here to advise you on the requirements and regulations of each option, guide you through the actual transactions and make you aware of related tax consequences.
- Equipment leases – We are experienced in situations where a business owner might lease expensive items and equipment to customers or from suppliers. Our attorneys can help you draft a fair lease agreement and enforce contracts under challenging situations.
- Due diligence – “Due diligence” processes involve rigorous research to determine the viability of pivotal business decisions. We can help you interpret and evaluate your research findings.
- Employment agreements – As you add personnel to your business, you may decide to draft contracts outlining employment terms. We’re ready to review or draft new employment agreements for you.
- Compensation agreements – These contracts outline how you will compensate your employees for their hard work. They may stand alone or go hand-in-hand with an employment agreement.
- Operating agreements – These contracts act as a “constitution” of sorts for an LLC. Though Iowa businesses do not need an operating agreement, our team can help you draft one to give your company a solid foundation, make sure it is legally sound, and submit it to the appropriate agencies.
- Non-compete agreements – To protect your intellectual property and retain your talent, you may consider drafting a non-compete agreement for your employees. We can help you draft and enforce these agreements.
- Dispute resolution – No business owner enjoys dispute resolution, but it is a powerful tool to help you prevent disputes from going through lengthy and expensive court proceedings. We can serve as ombudsmen in your business’s dispute resolution processes or act as advocates if you are the party to a dispute.
- Business collections – Our team can help you recover overdue payments from delinquent clients using the collections process.
- Business financing – You may be considering taking out a business loan to fund your growth or offset your expenses in difficult times. We can help you understand the legal side of financing a business.
- Facilities and real property – Our team has deep knowledge of Iowa’s real estate laws and can assist you in buying, leasing, or selling your business’s land or property.
- Business counseling – Sometimes, your legal issue may not fall into any single specific area. Maybe all you need is advice on an individual transaction or document. Our attorneys can offer personalized counseling to meet your needs.
We Can Help at Every Stage
In each consultation with our clients, we make sure that we ask the right questions and gauge your situation carefully. Sometimes, a client may ask us to review a legal document they drafted to ensure it is sound. Other times, they may ask us to use our expertise to create a draft based on their parameters. We want to meet you where you are in your operations, ensure your satisfaction, and leave no lingering question unanswered.
At Arenson Law Group, PC, we love what we do, and we want to see you succeed in your business. We know business law. You don’t have to handle this important piece yourself; just leave it to us. We invite you to reach out to the Central City business lawyers of Arenson Law Group, PC to learn more about the personalized solutions we can offer for your business. Call us today at (319) 363-8199.