Cedar Rapids Business Attorneys
Doing business in our modern economy requires being knowledgeable and skilled in the different aspects of a company’s operations. These operations are governed by varied laws, and at times it is necessary to take legal action to ensure the continued health and financial success of business. Pursuing outside legal assistance is advisable in these types of circumstances.
If you need assistance drafting an employee contract or advice on mergers and acquisitions, getting the legal help that you need can be invaluable to your company’s long-term success. Arenson Law Group, PC knows the complicated legal processes and difficulties that are associated with owning a business. Having a skilled attorney guiding you can make all the difference in either your company’s setbacks or success. Our Cedar Rapids business attorneys will work with you to get the best resolutions to your concerns so that you and your company can thrive in today’s economy.
Founded by James H. Arenson, our Cedar Rapids business law group has provided outstanding service to our clients, and we are one of the most trusted names in Iowa. We have over three decades of legal experience in the Cedar Rapids area, and we can help you. Arenson Law Group, PC serves the people of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota areas with business legal issues. We are a state-of-the-art and progressive law firm, and we love our great state of Iowa and the people who live here. Our clients are our friends and neighbors, and it is our privilege to serve you. We have the experience and track record to get the desired results that you need. Contact our Cedar Rapids office at (319) 363-8199, complete our email form, or fax us today to discuss your legal needs. We will review the facts, address your concerns, and make a plan that will be your best business strategy.
Why Do I Need a Business Attorney?
You may have several questions about your start-up or ongoing business. Do I need an attorney? Can I make changes to my business without posing a risk to the company? How do I draft this contract so that it best meets the needs of our company? Whether you are starting a new business or seeking to make changes to your current one, it is always best to seek out a knowledgeable attorney who can guide you along the way, so that your business can continue to run smoothly and without any complications or unforeseen circumstances. It is always better to deter any potential problems that could have any negative consequences on your business.
Many legal complexities need addressing when starting a business or when you see that your company is growing or changing. As a business owner in Cedar Rapids, you may want to make some strategic changes to your company, but you are unsure of the impact that these changes may cause upon your business. A business law attorney is your best advocate when it comes to these types of business decisions, as you will get the reliable facts based on research and experience. Having the guidance and support of an experienced attorney can be invaluable to your overall company success.
Why Choose Us?
At Arenson Law Group, PC, we have three decades of legal experience, and we are prepared to help clients resolve their business legal issues. Our Cedar Rapids firm understands the complexities of many types of legal landscapes and stays up-to-date with the ever-changing law. Whether you are a start-up company or a growing business, let us handle your paperwork or negotiations. We are here to help you!
Arenson Law Group, PC is not your traditional law office, in thought or design. We are an innovative group of attorneys, and we work diligently toward your best interests. Our offices offer the ambiance of sleek design, modern art, lots of light and state-of-the-art technology. Our team of skilled attorneys do the research, seek out the facts and determine the best solutions for your business needs.
We also are dedicated to giving our clients personal attention, and we will advocate on your behalf. It has been statistically proven that having an attorney streamlines the legal process and gives you a better chance of a favorable outcome for your business. Our progressive Cedar Rapids business law attorneys are known for providing outstanding service to our clients, and we can also serve you well. Call us at (319) 363-8199 to find out how we can help you protect the best interests of your business.
Business Law Practice Areas
Our Cedar Rapids attorneys at Arenson Law Group, PC are fully prepared to help clients resolve any business legal issues in a way that meets their business’ needs, and we can assist you if you live in Iowa, Wisconsin, or Minnesota. From the many legal complexities that need to be addressed when starting a business to the needs that arise as a company grows and changes, business law encompasses varied issues, including:
- Professional Clinics – We can help you form your clinic if you are a dentist, chiropractor, optometrist, or another professional who is looking to establish your practice.
- Business Formation – Once you’ve decided to start a business, you likely will need legal assistance with the proper formation and structure. Our team is prepared to help you.
- Contract Negotiation – In any contract negotiation, you want to secure the best possible terms for yourself or your business, so put our experience to work for you.
- Contract Preparation – Preparing and regulating contracts properly are essential to protecting your business from potential litigation in the future. We have extensive experience structuring contracts to protect yourself and your operation.
- Dissolution/liquidation – We are prepared to help you if you are considering the dissolution or liquidation of your company. We will help you file the paperwork and will take the necessary additional steps needed to resolve everything in the smoothest-possible manner.
- Non-disclosure Agreements – Your company’s trade secrets should be protected at all times, especially in today’s competitive marketplace. Let our team help you prepare a solid NDA for use with contractors, vendors, and business associates.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – We are prepared to help you if your business is considering acquiring or merging with another company.
- Equipment Leases – When leasing equipment, it is essential to have a comprehensive equipment lease agreement in place to protect your interests.
- Due Diligence – The due diligence process requires thorough investigation and experienced legal counsel. We are prepared to help you make wise investments and avoid poor decisions.
- Employment Agreements – While Iowa state law does not require employee contracts, some employers wish to put agreements in place to protect the business and the employees.
- Compensation Agreements – Compensation agreements between employers and employees, can lay out the terms of payment and other relevant employment details.
- Operating Agreements – While not required by Iowa state employment laws, operating agreements are a good idea for anyone who owns and operates an LLC, as it can help outline the operational and financial decisions of the company.
- Non-compete Agreements – A well-prepared non-compete agreement can protect your business by preventing employees from working for a competitor or trying to do business with a different company.
- Dispute Resolution – Settling disputes out of court can often save time and money. Our attorneys can help you resolve the issue and return to normal business operations.
- Business Collections – Collecting on a debt can be a complicated process, but our attorneys have extensive experience helping businesses just like yours recover the payment they are owed through collections proceedings.
- Business Counseling – We know that specific business concerns can be complex and require legal counseling to resolve.
- Business Financing – If you are establishing a new business, looking to expand your operations, or simply are facing a financial hardship, our business financing attorneys can help you secure the funds you are looking for.
- Facilities and Real Property – If you are looking to buy, lease, or sell facility or real property in Iowa, the legal team at Arenson Law Group, PC can help you understand all of the legal implications that you may face.
When handling these and other business law matters, having the guidance and support of an experienced attorney can be essential to your overall success.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any business that is dealing with legal issues knows that they can be complicated, and many people who are in this position find that they have numerous questions about their situation. They want to know the options that are available to their business. At Arenson Law Group, PC, we see the frustration and stress associated with unanticipated business legal issues. We have compiled the following frequently asked questions, along with relevant answers, to help clients get the information that they need. If you question is not here, please feel free to contact our legal team at (319) 363-8199 today.
Why should I have an attorney help me with forming my business?
Whenever you are starting a new business, there are many questions that need to be answered, including what type of business structure your new venture is going to be, what contracts or documents need to be created and signed, and other important decisions about the direction and operation of the business moving forward. It is critical to hire an attorney who understands the intricate rules regarding business formation to help you establish your new venture on solid footing.
How do I know if an LLC is best for me?
If you are concerned about personal exposure to debts or lawsuits, the limited liability company (LLC) structure can protect you from potential claims against your business. However, not all businesses are allowed to operate as LLCs. Our legal team can help you decide on the business structure that meets your goals.
What are some sole proprietorship drawbacks?
There are many businesses in Cedar Rapids that operate as sole proprietorships, which is preferable for many owners due to the fact that this formation structure allows them more control over the day-to-day activities of the company. You may find that drawbacks include lower profit margins, wariness of lenders to give sole proprietors loans, and more personal liability.
Contact Arenson Law Group, PC Today
If you are considering opening a business, it is highly recommended that you hire a Cedar Rapids business law attorney who knows the best course of action. An experienced attorney at Arenson Law Group, PC can guide you through the complexities of law and help you come to a solution to your business needs. You don’t have to handle it on your own – we are here to help you all the way. Our Cedar Rapids business law firm provides only the highest quality of service and professionalism as we manage the details of your business issues. We work directly with every client to determine how they want to proceed and we make sure that no question is left unanswered. Complete our email form, send a fax, or call us today at (319) 363-8199, and learn more about what the lawyers at Arenson Law Group, PC can do to help you with your business legal matters.