Business owners are can-do people. They’re used to handling nearly everything about their businesses themselves and are usually good at it. However, when you’re thinking of starting a new business, changing the structure of your existing business, need to create employment contracts, or buy a new building so you can expand, it’s wise to have a skilled business attorney in your corner.
The Robins business attorneys of Arenson Law Group, PC have more than three decades of experience representing local businesses. Our firm’s dedication to ethics and innovative business solutions has earned made us one of Iowa’s most reputable business law firms. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to assist our neighbors and help our communities thrive.
Our dedicated team of local attorneys is standing by to assist with all of your business law needs. Call us today at (319) 363-8199 if you’d like to learn more about how we can help your company achieve its goals.
Our Business Law Practice Areas
Our business lawyers at Arenson Law Group, PC have long been assisting clients throughout Iowa. We have the knowledge and experience to handle a wide range of business law issues, including:
- Business Formation. Once you’ve made the decision to start your own business, you’ll almost certainly require legal assistance with its formation and development. Whether a corporation, LLC, or sole proprietorship, the lawyers of Arenson Law Group, PC can help.
- Professional Clinics. Setting up a practice as a physician, dentist, or other professional is not as easy as downloading documents from the internet, completing them, and opening your doors. We have experience with the regulations and legalities required for professionals to establish their practices.
- Contract Negotiation. When drafting a contract or when you’re thinking of signing one you should have it reviewed by an attorney. Our team can negotiate terms for you or review the terms of any contract you’ve been presented, and can provide your business with a thorough review of the obligations that would result if you sign the document in question.
- Contract Preparation. Maybe you’re the one who’ll write a contract. You’ll need legal guidance to make sure the document is properly drafted and takes into account any applicable regulations so you can avoid potential litigation later on.
- Real Estate and Facilities. If your business requires a physical location, let our lawyers help negotiate the lease or sale terms. We will also ensure your facility meets regulations and is up to code.
- Employment Agreements. We can help draft an employment agreement that contains the terms you and your employee or contractor have agreed to. Even though employment contracts are not required in Iowa, in some instances, these documents can help protect your business.
- Compensation Agreements. A document of this type can include compensation arrangements, complete with details about the terms of payment and other benefits.
- Operating Arrangements. These documents lay out the company’s financial and operational plans. Well-crafted ones can help serve as the foundation of a strong company. We can bring our expertise to bear and help you create a document that uniquely details how your company will function.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements. In today’s competitive industry, it is vital that your company’s trade secrets be secured at all times. We can help you prepare a robust NDA that will be effective for the parties you work with.
- Non-Compete Agreements. A well-drafted non-compete agreement can safeguard your firm by prohibiting workers from leaving to go to work for a rival or attempting to conduct business on their own with a competitor.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. If you’re considering selling your company, buying a competitor, or combining with another firm, we can help you every step of the way.
- Dissolution and Liquidation. There are necessary processes to follow when it’s time to end a business partnership or corporation. We will assist you in filing the paperwork and navigating the steps necessary to ensure that everything goes as efficiently as possible.
- Equipment Leases. When you lease a new piece of equipment, it’s essential that you thoroughly understand the terms of the lease, and that it does as much to protect your interests as the interests of the lessor.
- Due Diligence. Whenever you’re planning an investment for your company, you must do the research to be sure you’re investing well for your company’s future. We can help.
- Dispute Resolution. Should you have a dispute with another party, whether it’s a supplier, a contractor, or a competitor, settling the dispute without going to court can be a much less expensive way to go. It can be more efficient, as well.
- Business Collections. Why handle the complexities of pursuing the money you’re owed on your own? We can handle the recovery process for you.
- Business Financing. Whether you’re expanding your current business or just opening your doors, you may be looking for additional funds. Our business financing attorneys can help you obtain the money you need for your project.
- Business Counseling. Sometimes you need an unbiased party to hear your issues and help you see the path forward. Business concerns can be complicated, and a lawyer can be your best advisor.
Why Do I Need a Business Lawyer?
Perhaps you’re just starting your own business, or maybe you’ve had a successful company for a while now. Either way, you may encounter issues that make you wonder if you really need a lawyer to assist you. While you may be able to solve some problems yourself, other issues that could arise may be more complicated than you anticipate, and they could cost you your business. You’ve worked too hard to let that happen. A simple call to Arenson Law Group, PC can make all the difference.
Receiving advice and support from an experienced Robins, IA business attorney could enable you to set up your company for sustained, long-term success. No problem is too big or too small for us to assist you with. We’ve seen every issue you will surely encounter and can help you navigate these issues so that they have no bearing on your business’s long-term financial goals.
About Our Firm
James Arenson, our principal attorney and founder, has worked in the auto industry for 22 years.
His considerable experience as the owner of a new-vehicle auto dealership provides him with a unique perspective on the issues that come with running a business. Mr. Arenson understands the issues facing auto dealers and other local business owners, as his firm has more than 30 years of experience handling business law matters.
Regardless of the specific industry you’re in, you can count on our firm to provide attentive and responsive assistance. Your call will be immediately forwarded to your lawyer’s office line or cell phone.
Contact a Robins Business Lawyer Today
Whether you want to start a business or you’re already a successful business owner, you should contact the experienced Robins business lawyers of Arenson Law Group, PC today. Our skilled team can assist you with all of your business law needs, regardless of whether you have a large corporation or a small business.
We work closely with our clients to understand their complex issues completely and establish a plan to address their legal concerns. Managing your business is stressful enough. Allow us to handle your legal needs.
Call Arenson Law Group, PC now at (319) 363-8199 to let us evaluate your legal issues and find out more about how we can assist you with your business law needs.
Written by James H. ArensonLast Updated : January 20, 2023