Corporate Bylaws / Operating Agreements Attorneys
If you plan to form a corporation or limited liability company (LLC), corporate bylaws and operating agreements are among some of the necessary legal documents that must be created. Corporate bylaws act as a go-to document for rules and regulations regarding management, organization, and day-to-day operations within a corporation. This document is required by state law and is one of the most important documents that a business creates. Operating agreements are similar to corporate bylaws but are specifically intended for LLCs.
At Arenson Law Group, PC, our corporate bylaws and operating agreements attorneys are prepared to help you create your legal documents to ensure your company is given a solid foundation right from the start.
Content of Corporate Bylaws
Your bylaws should be tailored to fit your specific business goals. To do this, there must be a strict and detailed description of, for example, the following information as you draft your documents:
- Identifying information about the corporation
- Duties and responsibilities of the corporation’s members
- Details about directors and corporate officers
- Details on the shares and stock classes that are authorized to be issued
- When and where directors’ and shareholders’ meetings will be held
- Procedure for record-keeping
- Procedure for amending corporate bylaws
Content of Operating Agreements
Limited liability companies, on the other hand, need to create operating agreements. Some examples of the content of operating agreements are as follows:
- Members’ percentage interests in the LLC
- Members’ rights and responsibilities
- Members’ voting powers
- How to allocate profits and losses
- Details on management procedures
- Fiduciary duties of members and managers
At Arenson Law Group, PC, our Cedar Rapids corporate bylaws and operating agreements lawyers have a keen understanding of corporate law. With the help of our experienced legal team, you and your founders will have the peace of mind that comes with drafting your legal documents with a legal professional.
Contact a Corporate Bylaws / Operating Agreements Lawyer in Cedar Rapids Today
Business law is a complex type of legal matter that can easily develop into a corporate headache when initial documentation, such as corporate bylaws and operating agreements, are not properly written, filed, or documented. Fortunately, the Cedar Rapids corporate bylaws and operating agreement attorneys at Arenson Law Group, PC are here to help you. Please call (319) 363-8199 today to speak with a member of our team.